Monday, March 26, 2007

Planting time


Time to plant!

The seeds are sprouting, and things seem to be moving along nicely! I think we should plant things sometime this week, probably around Wednesday. I'd like to have as many people around as possible to make the decisions on where to plant the vegetables, and how we want to do things in general.

I was thinking that this would be a great opportunity to have a couple of control factors, one being whether or not to use miracle grow (or something similar). If this is our only control, then it would seem easy enough to split the garden in two and monitor the growth and productivity with and without "help". I plan on running statistics on what we are growing so that we can have some definitive measure of how well we are doing (number of plants, average yield per plant, average produce size per yield, etc.) Let me know what I should be keeping track of!

I'll be honest: at this point, I'm more interested in quantity than in going all natural, but if the results from the all natural side are that much better than the side with miracle grow, then I'd probably be converted.

Anyways, let me know how wednesday around 6 works for everyone. I know it's supposed to rain pretty much randomly all week, so any additional thoughts on this will be appreciated!

thanks,

Sir Knabe
317-5007

2 comments:

Megan said...

that time is good for me

Unknown said...

I would love to come help, unfortunately my bike tubes started dry rotting over the winter, so my vehicle is out of action. If anyone going to help is conveniently able to give me a ride, then I could make it. Or, how long of a walk would it be to the house from the dorms?

-Andrew